Monday, March 2, 2009

Paris Don't Love Me...

What's the use of living in Paris if you can't afford Paris?
I used to be naïve and to say to myself that walking around in the city is for free and what else do you need for inspiration and fun.... The first time I came to Paris was back in 1998... 

But the thing is that after living in this city for a while you really miss doing things, like eating in a chic restaurant or going to see nice exhibitions, to fall in love with a Lanvin neckless and to buy it immidiatly.... Temptation is everywhere in Paris, you can't even walk into a bookshop because you are sure of spotting out a beautiful art book for around 90 euros that you just can't afford.... And that frensh Pastrey shop around the corner is bad for your pocket and your line....

I love this city I really do, but I start to belive that this city is a city for rich people ONLY.... I will always be able to have a picknick in the summer at Pont des Arts with my husband, and I can always enjoy a sunday afternoon in the Marrais or a sunny saturday around the sacre Coeur, I can always see one of the hundreds of moovies that Paris offers every week... but we live in a world where everything has a price and even if there are many things that one can do for free or almost for free in Paris you are still a human beeing and you still want to enjoy other things and to afford beautiful or nice things and I am not even a shopohollic or a person that needs to buy things, I am on the contrary someone who can make it pretty well without a dime.... But if you have good taste and litle money it can become a nightmare living here.... You know that there is a nice restaurant around the corner that will just cost you the equivalant of a weeks grossery, and you know that there is a great shoe store on your way to your favorite Park and you will never be able to enter it.... and you are sure of crossing a perfectly dressed young lady that you're gonna envy if you're taking a walk in St Germain... it is frustrating and it's not always that fun to live here.... You add to that how busy everyone is running around the clock and working so everybodys social life is pretty damaged and the fact that Parisians are most of the time in a bad mood ( I understand why I am always in a bad mood here too....) you realize quickly that the fairy tale is a nice big lie..... 
I love Paris I really do, walking in it's streets is heaven to me but Paris doesn't Love me... and sometimes when love is only from one side you have to stop and to look for a new partner...
Finally tourists are the ones who really enjoy this city, because they only experience the good thing for a short while....
Unless I win in the lottery I'm leaving my love... for a while I have to add, because I could never live without coming back to the city of LIFE ... I would rather be a tourist from time to time and enjoy it for full for a couple of days then to live in it most of the time and be frustrated all the time.... 

My city of light love me back or I'll have to go back...


No comments:

My New Site ...

www.ritasaardi.com Enjoy :) My new website by my darling Aurélien Lemoine :) Merci mon amour...